In this week’s episode of The Voicemail, James and Stefan discuss:
- Remember when HTC promised to update their phones really quick? Yeah, no.
- Remember when WhatsApp said it’ll never sell you out? Yeah, no.
- Apple sends out invites: September 7th
- Here’s everything that’ll be announced there
- EU orders Apple to pay 13 billion Euros in back taxes
- The Nexus phones this year won’t be called Nexus phones
- Update: They’ll be called Pixel and Pixel XL, to be unveiled October 4th
- Project Ara reportedly dead
- There’s now a Gorilla Glass for wearables
- Samsung’s having some issues cranking out Note 7 phones
- Update: NOTE 7 SALES HALTED
— then a 15mins interlude while Stefan schools James on what phone he should get —
- Mildly interesting IFA news:
- New Chromebook from Acer
- ASUS ZenWatch, first watch to use Qualcomm’s new wearable SoC
- New Samsung watches … OK?
- Moto Z Play: cheaper Moto Z w/ a 1080p screen, slower chip, HEADPHONE JACK
- New $300 camera mod for the Moto Z, but it’s kind of shit
- Lenovo announced an Android tablet with a gigantic trackpad
- Sony has a new flagship and a new compact
- HTC has a new iPhone clone that’s worse than their old iPhone clone
- Qualcomm announces VR headset meant for companies to license and sell
- Sony Xperia Ear (Bluetooth headset you can talk to)